BOARDING SCHOOLS FOR LEARNING DIFFERENCES
CSU partners with college-preparatory boarding schools who are dedicated to empowering students who learn differently. These schools are devoted to educate students with learning differences such as Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, executive function difficulties, dysgraphia and other disabilities. Students who are frustrated in their current school setting due to their different learning style will find success and thrive in these academic settings that features small class sizes with teachers who specialize in learning differences. The strong support at these college prep schools help students thrive in their academic and social setting, providing the confidence and strategic skills they need to prepare for college.
RETHINK LEARNING DIFFERENCES
We will help you find the best alternative or specialty school for your child. There are many college preppatory schools dedicated to empowering bright students who learn differently.
- Age – Students 14- 18
- Grades – Students must have a C or higher in all subjects for the last 3 years
- English Ability – Submit an approved English proficiency exam to determine if ESL is needed
- Adaptability – Students should be willing to adapt to American culture and customs
- Maturity – Students should be mature enough to overcome the challenges of adapting to another culture and communicating in a foreign language
- Research appropriate schools to best meet the student’s needs
- Athletic/Academic scholarship attainment for qualifying families
- Acceptance and enrollment in a private or boarding school
- Processing and delivery of visa application documents
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Application coordination and submission to schools
- Counseling from CSU including orientation of school’s policies and expectations
- Review of selected school’s Student Handbook
- Coordination of progress reports between the school and families throughout the year
- Coordination of medical insurance
Along with the application form, please submit any psycho-educational evaluations conducted within the last three years. Many schools require testing prior to scheduling an interview.