HIGH SCHOOL F1 Private School
Private school education in America offers reduced number of students per classroom, low student/teacher ratio, consistent professional development for their faculty in their specialty and personalized dedication to the student. In this category, parents and students can choose a desired location throughout the USA. They can find a school that meets the specific profile of the student including desired areas of academics, sports and activities, tailoring the right fit for the child. Students can come to a school for a full academic year (September to June) or for one semester (September to December or January to June). Acceptance requirements vary by school providing flexibility for our students. We will help children find the right fit taking into consideration their academic expectations and their level of English.
HOST FAMILIES: The families are selected and supervised by local coordinators. In many cases the Host family will have a specific relationship with the school that the student plans on attending such as an alumni relationship, a faculty member or a local family whose children attend the school. They are welcoming homes where the student is treated as another member of the family.
All host families undergo national criminal background checks, in-home interviews, and complete home inspections. You can expect your host family to live in close proximity to your selected school.
- Age – Students 14- 18
- Grades – Students must have a C or higher in all subjects for the last 3 years
- English Ability – Submit an approved English proficiency exam to determine if ESL is needed
- Adaptability – Students should be willing to adapt to American culture and customs
- Maturity – Students should be mature enough to overcome the challenges of adapting to another culture and communicating in a foreign language
- Research appropriate schools to best meet the student’s needs
- placement with screened host family
- Acceptance and enrollment in a private school
- Processing and delivery of visa application documents
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Application coordination and submission to schools
- Counseling from CSU including orientation of school’s policies and expectations
- Review of selected school’s Student Handbook
- Coordination of progress reports between the school and families throughout the year
- Coordination of medical insurance
- Coordination with local airport arrival and departure transportation
- 24-Hour emergency line