PRE UNIVERSITY / PG-GAP YEAR PROGRAM
Come join the growing number of international students and travel to the United States for a Pre-University/GAP year. Boarding schools throughout the U.S. welcomes international students who have graduated from their High Schools and are seeking a 1 year experience. The benefits are numerous. For students who are considering attending a University or College in the U.S., this GAP year will be filled with college preparatory classes including English writing, reading and language building skills. Students will have the opportunity of one-on-one college advisement, college application assistance and access to college admittance exams (TOEFL, SAT or ACT). For those students who are only seeking a 1 year experience in the U.S. to improve their English skills, students will enjoy the cultural immersion of living in dormitories on the grounds of an American boarding school and taking advantage of all the school has to offer including small class sizes, a diverse variety of academic classes, athletic team opportunities and weekend activities both on and off campus.
PRE UNIVERSITY- PG/GAP YEAR
Preparation for College Life: The boarding school environment is a preview of college life, but with more structure and guidance.This helps students adjust to dorm life, improve their english skills and develop a strong balance of school, activities, sports, and social life.
College admissions officers recognize that the PG year offers many benefits to a student and ultimately makes them a better candidate for admission and a better student once on campus. Every year, PG graduates are accepted at schools ranging from Ivy League universities to supportive liberal arts schools and everything in between.
- Students age 17/18/19 and a High School graduate with an ambition to pursue a University degree
- Students who need an additional year of challenging university-preparatory work in order to obtain admission at a more selective University
- Students who seek a year of intensive English instruction in a fully English-speaking environment to improve TOEFL/IELTS scores
- Students who wish to gain a broader, international perspective to compete successfully in the global marketplace
- An ambition to travel, study, live abroad, meet new people, visit new places
- Acceptance and enrollment in a boarding school
- Processing and delivery of visa application documents
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- CSU coordinator supervision
- Counseling from the CSU office
- Arrival orientation and Student Handbook
- Deliver student progress reports
- Medical insurance
- Local airport arrival and departure transportation coordination
- 24-Hour emergency line